2022 Municipal Election
A Certificate of Election Results can be found in the sidebar as a PDF.
Voter’s List – Are You On It?
If you are a resident, owner or tenant of property in the Township, a Canadian citizen and 18 years of age or older by election day, you can vote. It is the responsibility of the elector to confirm their information is up-to-date and accurate. Municipal elections use a different voter’s list than other elections.
Contact the Clerk Department to verify if you are already on the Voters’ List. The Department can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-345-7480 x. 234. Please include your name and qualifying address with any message.
How To Vote?
The Township of Elizabethtown-Kitley has three methods of voting. Electors should consult their Voter Information Letter for further details, such as relevant addresses and phone numbers. These letters will not become available until late September/early October.
Internet Voting | Telephone Voting | Paper Ballots
|Nomination Start Date
|May 2, 2022
|Nomination End Date
|August 19, 2022 at 2:00 pm
|Advanced Voting Period Begins
|October 17, 2022
at 10:00 a.m.
|Advanced Voting Period Ends
|October 24, 2022
at 9:59 a.m.
| October 24, 2022
from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
|New Term of Council Begins
|November 15, 2022
|End of Campaign Period
|January 3, 2023
List of Council Candidates
|Eleanor Leacock Renaud
List of School Board Trustee Candidates
Click the Candidate’s name to view their financial statement. Note, a financial statement may have been submitted prior to candidates receiving the final campaign limit amount.
Working the Election
Election Assistant – The Township is seeking applications for Election Assistants to aid in the conduct of the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election to be held on October 24, 2022. The Election Assistant(s) will work closely with the Chief Electoral Officer (Clerk), Deputy Clerk and Deputy Returning Officers. Training will be provided to selected assistants.
Applications must be submitted to Alison Merkley, Clerk at email@example.com. Please apply in writing noting your qualifications and experience, as well as returning the application form below by the extended deadline of 4:00 pm on Friday, October 7th, 2022. Note, the form will list a deadline of September 16th.
Vaccination: The Township has a policy requiring all hires to be fully vaccinated (2 doses) against COVID-19.
- Attend mandatory training session(s);
- Assist in coordinating the materials, people and equipment necessary to conduct the election;
- Assist with maintaining and updating the voters list on Election Day;
- Perform duties associated with position such as voter list management, provision of ballots and directing or responding to questions;
- Assist with election communications;
- Assist with ballot counting following the close of voting;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Clerk or Deputy Clerk during the conduct of the election.
- Knowledge of municipal government and election processes;
- Experience and competency with use of technology such as touch screens, laptops and printers and associated software (with training);
- Experience as government election assistant an asset;
- Valid “G” Driver’s license and access to vehicle an asset.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills.
Joint Compliance Audit Committee Member – No longer accepting applications.
Third Party Advertisement
- Province of Ontario’s Third Party Advertisers’ Guide for the Municipal Election:
- https://www.ontario.ca/document/2022-third-party-advertisers-guide [click the blue Download button].
Alison Merkley, Clerk
Township of Elizabethtown-Kitley
6544 New Dublin Road
RR2 Addison ON, K0E 1A0
Telephone: 613-345-7480 ext. 234