Voter’s List – Are You On It?
It is the responsibility of the elector to confirm their information is up-to-date and accurate. Municipal elections use a different voter’s list than other elections. By logging into voterlookup.ca before the end of July, eligible electors can:
- confirm or update their information;
- add an elector name to an address; and,
- change school support for the purpose of voting in a school board election.
You can vote in the municipal election if you meet the criteria listed below. You may only vote once in the municipal election regardless of how many properties you own/rent in the Township:
- a Canadian citizen;
- at least 18 years old;
- a resident in the Township of Elizabethtown-Kitley;
- a non-resident of the Township of Elizabethtown-Kitley but you or your spouse own/rent property in the Township;
- not prohibited from voting under any law.
You cannot vote if you are:
- a person serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution;
- a corporation;
- a person acting as executor or trustee, in in any other representative capacity;
- a person convicted of a corrupt practice for an election held within four years of voting day.
How To Vote?
The Township of Elizabethtown-Kitley has three methods of voting. Electors should consult their Voter Information Letter for further details, such as relevant addresses and phone numbers. These letters are expected to become available in late September/early October.
Internet Voting | Telephone Voting | Paper Ballots
Additional Resources – External Links
Alison Merkley, Clerk
Township of Elizabethtown-Kitley
6544 New Dublin Road
RR2 Addison ON, K0E 1A0
Telephone: 613-345-7480 ext. 234