As of July 6th, masks/face coverings are required in the Leeds, Lanark and Grenville District Health Unit. Details about where masks/face coverings are required, how to properly wear, clean and dispose of them, and other tips can be found at https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/face-coverings-masks.
Social distancing has the greatest effect of slowing the spread of COVID-19. Limiting your contact to others dimishes the ability to contract the virus or to pass it onto others. Other recommended preventative measures include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands with soap;
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres;
- Do not share personal items that come into contact with saliva such as toothbrushes, eating utensils, drinks, water bottles, and towels.