The Township is seeking applications for Election Assistants to aid in the conduct of the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election to be held on October 24, 2022. The Election Assistant(s) will work closely with the Chief Electoral Officer (Clerk), Deputy Clerk and Deputy Returning Officers. Training will be provided to selected assistants.
Applications must be submitted to Alison Merkley, Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply in writing noting your qualifications and experience, as well as returning the application form below by 4:00 pm on Friday, September 16th, 2022.
Vaccination: The Township has a policy requiring all hires to be fully vaccinated (2 doses) against COVID-19.
- Attend mandatory training session(s);
- Assist in coordinating the materials, people and equipment necessary to conduct the election;
- Assist with maintaining and updating the voters list on Election Day;
- Perform duties associated with position such as voter list management, provision of ballots and directing or responding to questions;
- Assist with election communications;
- Assist with ballot counting following the close of voting;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Clerk or Deputy Clerk during the conduct of the election.
- Knowledge of municipal government and election processes;
- Experience and competency with use of technology such as touch screens, laptops and printers and associated software (with training);
- Experience as government election assistant an asset;
- Valid “G” Driver’s license and access to vehicle an asset.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills.
Questions can be directed to the Clerk at 613-345-7480 or email@example.com.