The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville (UCLG) intends to utilize Wagar and Corput Weed Control Inc. to control weeds along the following rural roadsides:
- Select sections on County Roads 2, 3, 4, 5, 27, 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 40, 42, 26 and 47.
- Selected Township Roads in the municipalities of Athens, Augusta, Edwardsburgh/Cardinal, Elizabethtown-Kitley, Front of Yonge, Merrickville-Wolford and North Grenville (please see the link below to access a map of the selected Township roadways).
- All County guide rails, except for those in Rideau Lakes.
Commencing: May 23, 2023 (weather permitting to June 23, 2023. This pesticides use falls under Public Works Exception of the Cosmetics Pesticide Ban for the promotion of public health or safety.
Please contact the Counties if you require more detailed information regarding the program, including additional information on how to post “No Spray” signage in front of your property.
This information along with maps of the roads to be sprayed is available on their website at https://www.leedsgrenville.com/en/government/weed-control.aspx. A list of the pesticides products to be used is also available from their webpage.
For further information contact:
- Wagar & Corput Weed Control Inc: 613-938-2117
- United Counties of Leeds and Grenville: 613-342-38470 x 2413 or toll free at 1-800-770-2170 x 2413.